Mar 30, 2020//
- Smart Africa calls for tenders to “Improve and accelerate the African government’s response to the challenges of the Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic”: Eligible applicants: African startups and innovative SMEs or other African entities. Deadline 2 April. For any questions or enquiries, please write to [email protected]
- The Microsoft Global Social Entrepreneurship Programme supports social impact startups with technology, connections and grants so you can focus on bringing your big vision to life and making the world a better place. Once approved, you will be eligible for Microsoft Philanthropies grants for select ventures innovating in skills development, sustainability and accessibility. See: – https://startups.microsoft.com/en-us/social-entrepreneurship/
- African Leadership University Female Leaders Scholarship. The inaugural award will be to 50 female candidates, who must have “demonstrated impact in their communities” to join the university’s Rwanda and Mauritius campuses. The Scholarship provides the following to successful applicants: 100% Tuition Fee Waiver which covers the cost of tuition fees, accommodation and other study-related costs for the duration of the undergraduate programme at the Rwanda and Mauritius campuses of the African Leadership University. Annual living allowance for the duration of the undergraduate programme. Relocation allowance to cover incoming travel and removal expenses for one way travel. Deadline 20 April https://www.alueducation.com/alu-female-leaders-scholarship
- Eni-Oxford Scholarship The full MBA course fees, a living expenses stipend, and one return airfare. Eligibility criteria – high aspiring and high potential African MBA candidates who can contribute to better leadership and governance of the continent. Scholars will be selected by the Oxford Saïd College on academic merit and/or potential. Candidates must be ordinarily resident in one of the African countries in which Eni operates https://www.sbs.ox.ac.uk/oxford-experience/scholarships-and-funding/eni-oxford-africa-scholarship
- Some Nigerian ecommerce experts have put some funds together ($6k) towards a #BattleCovid19 initiative to support #Africa focused non-profit organisations building/running video conferencing powered EduTech solutions. Apply here https://bit.ly/ticafrica-battlecovid19… #COVID19 #StayHome #coronavirus
- Skills Challenge Innovation Fund: Submit your winning approach to bridge the skills mismatch! Applications are open until 13 April 2020. Apply here https://www.ilo.org/skills/projects/innovation-facility/WCMS_733982/lang–en/index.htm
- Foundation Botnar is inviting pioneering implementation project proposals that leverage the potential of frontier technologies, including AI, innovative digital tools, and data-based platforms to advance the health and wellbeing of young people living in cities in low- and middle-income countries: https://www.fondationbotnar.org/fit-for-the-future-call/
- Mandela Rhodes Scholarship. Applications for the scholarship is open to African applicants aged between 19 and 29. Deadline 16 April. Apply here https://www.mandelarhodes.org/scholarship/apply/
Become a member
Join the Ecommerce Forum South Africa and benefit from industry insights in South Africa and Africa.
Sign up to newsletter
Sign up to our newsletter and stay informed of the progress we are making at the Ecommerce Forum South Africa with government during Coronavirus.
Leave a Comment