EFSA Board 2023
The EFSA held its Annual General Meeting on 31 March, 2023, and elected a new Board. These are the following:
- Adewale Adejumo, Co-Founder and Chief Growth Officers (CGO), Dropstore
- Adheesh Budree, Associate Professor in Information Systems, University of Cape Town
- Brendan Cuthbertson, Head of Private Sector Sales, Cisco
- Jason Blackman, Senior Director – Global Customs Compliance DHL
- Karen Nadasen, CEO, PayU Africa
- Kiaan Pillay, Co-founder and CEO, Stitch.money
- Mzuzukile Soni, Founder and CEO, Brownsense
- Rahul Jain, Co-Founder and CEO, Peach Payments
- Ricardo Lognath, CEO, Omninela
- Rutendo Hlatshwayo, Chief Legal Officer, Ozow
- Shamiela Letsoalo, Director: Corporate Affairs & Communications, South Africa, Naspers
- Tinashe Guramatunhu, Founder and CEO, King Online
Alastair Tempest, EFSA’s CEO, said “The new EFSA Board provides a wide diversity of talents and expertise – from e-platforms to social commerce; payments to logistics, and from very large companies to the founding entrepreneurs - which reflect the ecommerce ecosystem in SA. We are delighted and privileged to have a Board that will see EFSA grow over the next years”
He continued “The AGM also confirmed EFSA’s work with Services SETA to set up training modules; and confirmation of our work to develop a blockchain certification system to promote trust in ecommerce.”
EFSA is the trade association which represents ecommerce.
Its objectives are :
- to represent the common interests of the sector to the government;
- to promote trust in online selling for both consumers and businesses;
- to encourage research and training of skills;
- to speak with one voice to the financial sector;
- and, through its relations with the pan-African Ecommerce Forum of Africa, to ensure that the African Free Trade Area (AfCFTA) will reflect the needs and assist removing the challenges to digital commerce so that it can drive the development of intra-African trade.
What the Ecommerce Forum South Africa is saying about POPIA
Fireside Chats on POPIA Part 1
Fireside Chats on POPIA Part 2
Fireside Chats on POPIA Part 3
Fireside Chats on POPIA Part 4
Under the AGOA agreement, the USA should engage with its African partners by means of regular summits. Therefore, on 2-4 November a meeting was convened in Johannesburg between the African…Read More
EFSA recommends the following law firms which specialize in ecommerce:
Sorry, we couldn't find any posts. Please try a different search.
The Ecommerce Forum South Africa (EFSA) was created by major Ecommerce players in November 2016, with the mission to increase awareness, confidence and capability of the ecommerce (online selling) sector in South Africa. The EFSA is the forum for all players in the Ecommerce industry — working cohesively with each other to enrich the overall ecommerce industry in South Africa.
Membership is open to all stakeholders in the African eCommerce industry, including e-tailers and service providers. To encourage a collaborative environment, members joining the Ecommerce Forum South Africa are asked to contribute based on the size of their business. All members will have access to the same resources and benefits (Training, Research, Representation, Forum & Networking).
Africa Tech Week
MEET OUR CHAIR