WHO WE ARE
It is the goal of the EFA to increase awareness, confidence and capability of the ecommerce industry in Africa.
- large and small eShop owners,
- brick and mortar stores that are including ecommerce as part of their omnichannel strategy,
- service providers (platforms, payments, logistics, delivery, consultants)
EFA helps each of these stakeholders work cohesively with each other to enrich the overall ecommerce industry in Africa.
- Working with retailers to implement a trustmark.
- Basic curriculum
- Cooperation with educational institutions & trainers
- Usage by business & consumers
- Attitudes towards
- Data privacy (POPI)
- Consumer protection (CPA, ECTA)
- Cyber law
- Expanding your business in Africa
“To drive the growth of ecommerce in Africa”
The EFA will provide members with:
- information about latest best practices, marketing, technology, and logistics;
- promote good business practices via a governance code and a high profile seal (Trustmark);
- provide expert guidance about regulatory issues such as the Davis Committee on Tax, CPA,
POPI and we will work with regulators to influence pragmatic interpretations;
- stimulate education and training communications and services;
- identify current key issues of concern to members and organize workshops to inform and agree on ways forward;
- research: the Forum will develop a brief to produce definitive research relevant to member needs and which will become the accepted ecommerce reference source.
To drive the Growth of ecommerce in the RSA
- Looking at solutions for the greater industry;
- Attracting a greater variety of merchants;
- Championing ecommerce as a retail option.
- Of the end consumer, and
- To up-skill individuals in areas that are related to ecommerce
- To be the representative voice of the sector;
- To identify solutions to regulatory issues that face the industry.
In order to achieve these objectives the EFA will:
- Encourage research into the various aspects of ecommerce;
- Create a Trustmark or some system to encourage consumer confidence;
- Prepare a PR campaign that members can buy into, with 3 aims – to promote confidence with consumers; with potential merchants, and with government;
- Forge relations with the payment systems & delivery operators