“To drive the growth of eCommerce in Africa”
The Forum will provide members with:
- information about latest best practices, marketing, technology, and logistics;
- promote good business practices via a governance code and a high profile seal (Trustmark);
- provide expert guidance about regulatory issues such as the Davis Committee on Tax, CPA,
POPI and we will work with regulators to influence pragmatic interpretations;
- stimulate education and training communications and services;
- identify current key issues of concern to members and organize workshops to inform and agree on ways forward;
- research: the Forum will develop a brief to produce definitive research relevant to member needs and which will become the accepted eCommerce reference source.
To drive the Growth of eCommerce in the RSA
- Looking at solutions for the greater industry;
- Attracting a greater variety of merchants;
- Championing eCommerce as a retail option.
- Of the end consumer, and
- To up-skill individuals in areas that are related to eCommerce
- To be the representative voice of the sector;
- To identify solutions to regulatory issues that face the industry.
In order to achieve these objectives the Forum will:-
- Encourage research into the various aspects of eCommerce;
- Create a Trustmark or some system to encourage consumer confidence;
- Prepare a PR campaign that members can buy into, with 3 aims – to promote confidence with consumers; with potential merchants, and with government;
- Forge relations with the payment systems & delivery operators