The EFA organized a CEOs’ Summit bringing together 17 CEOs from African ecommerce shops and platforms. Deliveries include a paper, “Principles for the Future” and a declaration.
The CEOs agreed to continue to work together to promote and encourage ecommerce throughout the African Continent. This aim was emphasized by President Kenyatta and other Ministers, who called for business input into government strategies on ecommerce.
The Nairobi Manifesto on the Digital Economy and Inclusive Development in Africa is available below.
In brief it calls for
- Ecommerce readiness assessment and strategy formulation
- ICT infrastructure and services
- Payment solutions
- Trade logistics: transport and trade facilitation
- Legal and regulatory frameworks
- Ecommerce skills development
- Access to financing
- Ecommerce and women empowerment
- Measuring ecommerce and the digital economy