Opportunities – Continuing our list of opportunities
- FemCode Africa is looking for passionate females who want to join in the training and who want to be part of the amazing things tech education can bring.
- Eiffel Excellence Scholarship Programme 2020. Backed by the French ministry for Europe and foreign affairs, the Eiffel Excellence Scholarship Programme is designed for foreign students to enroll for masters & PhD study in France. (Deadline Jan. 9). It gives opportunity to the future foreign decision-makers of the private and public sectors, in priority areas of study, and encourages applicants up to 30 years old from developing countries at master’s level, and applicants up to 35 years old from developing and industrialized countries at PhD level.
- Apply for the 2020 Injini edtech incubator. The 6-month programme targets startups with evidence-based technology solutions that address issues in Africa’s educational sector. The Injini incubator will support 8 startups, providing them with R100,000 ($6,600) in grant funding and advisory during the duration of the programme.
- The Mastercard Foundation is seeking innovative growth-stage businesses EdTech companies to submit solutions that can “improve the quality of teaching and learning in Africa.” Selected companies will receive financial and technical support as part of a 12-month program (Deadline Nov. 21).
- Seedstars World, the startup competition, has partnered with the African Development Bank (AfDB) to launch “Job Creation Track”. The partnership will support youth-led startups and job creation in Africa. Seedstars will also include a new criterion – “the potential for job creation” – when selecting winners of local competitions in Africa. The main goal is to find and reward the startups with the greatest potential to create jobs, support the youth and impact their local ecosystems.
Become a member
Join the Ecommerce Forum South Africa and benefit from industry insights in South Africa and Africa.
Sign up to newsletter
Sign up to our newsletter and stay informed of the progress we are making at the Ecommerce Forum South Africa with government during Coronavirus.